Sensitive Sterile XL/XXL Plaster
For larger and post-operative woundsWrite your review
- Sterile & highly comfortable
- Extra skin-friendly, painless to remove
- Large, non-stick wound pad
Sensitive Sterile XL/XXL: Sterile plasters for larger and post-operative wounds.
The extra skin-friendly and breathable material adheres securely to your skin, but it is still painless to remove. The extra-large wound pad cushions your wound without sticking to it, providing high comfort during wearing.
The efficacy of the Hansaplast Sensitive Sterile plasters has been proved in several clinical studies. Interested in knowing more?
How to use
Cleansing the wound from dirt and bacteria is an essential first step to enable optimal healing. To prevent wound infections, spray the Hansaplast Wound Spray from a distance of approximately 10 cm onto the entire wound area. Repeat if necessary, then gently dry the wound and surrounding skin area.
Important: A minor wound will soon stop bleeding. If it continues, apply more gauze pads, keep pressure on the wound and seek medical advice.
Next, it’s important to protect the wound from external influences like dirt and bacteria to enable undisturbed healing. Cover your wound with the Hansaplast sterile wound dressing that best suits your needs. Observe your wound and change the plaster or dressing daily unless you’ve been recommended to do otherwise by your doctor. You might find this wound dressing know-how article useful.
Help your wound heal safely, quickly and with a lower risk of scarring. Apply Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment regularly until your wound has healed completely. Carefully apply a thin film one to two times per day. Make sure the opening of the tube does not get in contact with your wound. Repeat regularly until the healing is completed. The Hansaplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used on open minor superficial wounds and at any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with a plaster, dressing or compress. If your wound is post-operative, please consider that step optionally and only when your wound is closed.
|Sensitive Sterile XL 5 Strips
||6 x 7 cm
|Sensitive Sterile XXL 5 Strips
||8 x 10 cm
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How often should I change my plaster?
- Usually, it is recommended to change standard first aid dressings daily due to hygienic reasons. Some advanced plasters such as the Fast Healing Plaster that provide moist wound healing conditions are recommended to be left in place for up to two days or more in order not to interrupt the healing process.
- 2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
- It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Hansaplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
- 3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness,
warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- and of course always when you have questions or are uncertain.
- 4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
- You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
- 5. Which plaster should I use for larger wounds with my sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin, we recommend using the Hansaplast Sensitive Sterile XL/XXL, which is extra skin friendly and also suitable for post-operative wounds.
- 6. Which Hansaplast plasters are waterproof and water-resistant?
The Hansaplast Aqua Protect and Aqua Protect XL/XXL strips are waterproof and will not go off while washing or showering. The Hansaplast Elastic range is water-repellent. The material keeps water on the surface where it beads off. All Hansaplast Universal plasters as well as the Kids plasters are water-resistant.
Always see a doctor if the wound is deep, bleeds heavily or shows signs of infection like reddening, swelling or warmth. Please note that, although they were compiled with great care, the tips and advice given on this website by no means substitute medical advice and treatment. If you have or suspect a health problem, consult a doctor and follow medical advice, regardless of what you have learned on this website. Always read carefully and follow the instructions for use or the leaflets of our products.
For further information, please contact us via email at Hansaplast@Beiersdorf.com