Aqua Protect Sterile XL/XXL
Aqua Protect Sterile XL/XXL: Sterile plasters for larger and post-operative wounds.
Hansaplast Aqua Protect Sterile XL and XXL plasters are sterile wound dressings for waterproof protection of larger or post-operative wounds.
With their waterproof, flexible film and strong adhesion, the plasters are ideal for washing, showering, bathing and swimming. The large wound pad cushions your wound without sticking to it, providing high comfort during wearing.
How to Use
Aqua Protect Sterile XL
6 x 7 cm
Aqua Protect Sterile XXL
8 x 10 cm
1. How often should I change my plaster?Usually, it is recommended to change Standard First Aid Dressings daily due to hygienic reasons.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and letting them exposed to the air helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Hansaplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- if the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- if the wound shows signs of infection such as redness,
warmth, pain and swelling
- if there are embedded foreign objects in it
- in case of animal or human bites
- if the wound is in the area of the face
- if there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
5. Which plaster should I use for larger wounds with my sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin, we recommend using the Hansaplast Sensitive XL/XXL, which is extra skin friendly and also suitable for post-operative wounds.
6. Which Hansaplast plasters are waterproof and water-resistant?
The Hansaplast Aqua Protect and Aqua Protect Sterile XL/XXL strips are waterproof and will not go off while washing or showering. The Hansaplast Elastic range is water-repellent. The material keeps water on the surface where it beads off. All Hansaplast Universal plasters as well as the Kids plasters are water-resistant.